Friday, July 20, 2012

Farmington Founders Festival

Greetings from the Farmington Founders Festival!


Well, it's that time of year again. The Farmington Founders Festival is in full swing. I've lived here all my life so it always feels special to me when I can take part of something so big in my own community. I've been at the festival twice before, both were great experiences. And even though things have changed a little since I was a kid, it's still a great time.
One-Of-A-Kind Necklaces
I have all my necklaces, bracelets and earrings laid out on what I hope is a nice display. One thing I'd like to invest in (maybe with the profits from the festival) is some good signage. I feel like it's the one thing missing from my booth. 

The fair has been a great place to work. I brought my big tackle box with me, packed with silver, brass and antique copper goodies. I found myself being very productive as the passersby took their preliminary looks in the booth. You might not believe it, but there are less distractions for me at the fair then at home. Maybe that's just due to the fact that Bella my pup was not there to draw my attention away with her cuteness. 
Dino Earrings! Rawr! My new favorite :)

I'm in love with this necklace.  I might keep it for myself :P
Of course since this is my hometown there was no shortage of friends and family stopping by the booth. My business really is a family affair. My little sister came in the morning and helped me set up (which is no small favor from a 15 year old girl lol). My mother was there pretty much all day too. Even my step-dad came by a couple times (and brought me a much needed tablecloth!). I got to see friends and my friends families too. It's pretty cool, like having my workshop in the middle of town square!

Hearts and Keys :)
The Founders Festival ends tomorrow. There will be a parade in the morning which I think will bring lots of people to the booth. At least it will bring by lots more friends to visit. It's a little sad that it's only a two day affair. When I was a kid it was four days long. But I will take what I can get when it comes to a combo of nostalgia and jewelry!

Stay tuned to see how it all turns out! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment